Compete against Wellington School District residents by participating in the KEY Collaborative's Winter Warm Up Challenge from Jan 24 - Feb 14! In the competition, the district with the most "steps" wins. Participants may also earn steps with other physical activities, such as housework, shoveling snow, or stretching.
The mayor of the losing team will spend a day of shame wearing the opponent’s school gear... get stepping so Mayor Strauss doesn't have to wear Duke red!
The top stepper on the KEY team will earn a $75 gift card to a local business.
One stepper who posts photos on KEY's Facebook page during the Challenge will win a $25 gift card as a spirit award.
Each day of the Challenge, one KEY participant will be randomly chosen to win a t-shirt.
How to join:
- Set up a free account on Lorain County Walks @ https://walks.loraincountyhealth.com
- Click the “My Challenges” tab
- Click “Join Public Challenge”
- Choose the Winter Warm Up KEYSTONE v. WELLINGTON Challenge & choose Keystone as your team!
- Click submit and wait for a confirmation email
- Enter your steps every day of the challenge – Jan. 24 through Feb. 14 on the Lorain County Walks website
The mission of the challenge is to encourage people to stay or get active during the cold weather months. Everyday activities can help you keep fit and increase your number of steps without having to go to a gym. Keeping active reduces the risk of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease and obesity. It also has a positive impact on mental health and mood.
Email Sam Meluch at KeystoneEmpowersYou@gmail.com for more information.