Key Care Before and After School Child Care Program
KEY CARE 2020-21 Pandemic Changes
We are happy to inform you that we are able to provide Key Care services this upcoming school year. Key Care is a self-funded program. The cost of using Key Care covers ONLY the program’s expenses (staffing, food items, etc). Due to increased operational costs, we anticipate the cost per session per child to be $5.00 for the 2020-2021 school year. We understand this increase may be hard for some of our families, but unfortunately, Key Care will not be sustainable without the price increase. If you plan on using Key Care services this year, please fill out the survey @ https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRklqIc8-V7eT7Au-JKdza4w7LPUvULiHdVMBDOEI_xm86Jg/viewform. This survey will help us prepare to welcome students on September 8, 2020.
This year, Key Care will look and run differently than it has in the past. With that in mind, the following changes will be implemented:
- Key Care will be located in the Keystone Elementary Cafeteria for the AM/PM sessions.
- Students being picked up and dropped off for Key Care must enter/exit through the KES Cafeteria doors.
- Parents/guardians must wear a mask during drop off and pick up.
- All children and staff in the Key Care Program will wear protective masks. However, we will allow students to have breaks from wearing masks while other barriers are in place.
- There will be no common shared toys or Chromebooks offered.
- Social distancing will be implemented while in Key Care by having designated seating areas.
- We will have staggered walking break times either outside (weather permitting) or inside with a monitor so that the students can get up and move around if they would like to.
- Students will be allowed to bring their electronic devices for personal use on school appropriate sites/activities only. Electronic devices cannot be shared with friends.
- Kids will be allowed to bring some of their own personal belongings to Key Care to play with. These items cannot be shared with friends.
Thank you for your understanding of these new guidelines and procedures. We are looking forward to seeing everyone back at Keystone and Key Care!!!
Please contact Key Care Supervisor April Asbury with questions @ April.email@example.com.
The Key Care staff, April Asbury, Vickie Sherrill, Diane Kline, and Denise Hann thank you in advance for your adherence to all of the policies outlined above.