Student Dress Codes
KHS Dress Code on PAGE 13 @ https://www.keystonelocalschools.org/parents/files/documents/Student%20Handbooks/KHS%20Handbook%202019-2020.pdf
*Additional information on KHS Dress Code
Students must be hygienically clean and neat. Clothing should be clean, modest in style and in good repair so not to interfere with the learning process. Shoes must be worn at all times. Clothing which is determined to be detrimental to health and safety or disruptive to the academic atmosphere of the school will not be permitted. Students in physical education and vocational classes may be required by the instructor to temporarily alter such clothing as it might restrict the student from full participation or may be dangerous to the student's safety.
Parents and students should be aware and understand that violations in student dress will result in the student being removed from class and/or sent home to change their attire. Class time that is missed will be considered unexcused.
For the purpose of clarification, the following guidelines have been established:
- Wearing of hats or head coverings of any kind will not be permitted unless medically necessary or relevant to one’s religious practices.
- Articles of clothing that contain alcoholic, drugs, violence or with obscene, suggestive, or questionable printing will not be permitted.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn unless prescribed by a physician.
- Shorts and skirts must be longer than fingertip length.
- If tights are worn under skirts or shorts, the shorts and skirt still have to fingertip length or longer. If tights are worn, they cannot be worn just by themselves. Leggings and YOGA Pants are permissible but tops/shirts must be longer than fingertip length.
- All dress must be school appropriate, based on the opinion of staff and/or administration.
- School athletic uniforms are not to be worn in class unless it is part of the Team dress for game day or during a designated "Spirit Day".
- Students are required to coats in lockers during the day.
- No pajamas, sleep wear or slippers are permitted.
- No holes in pants above the knee where skin or under garments can be seen.
- All shirts and blouses must cover the entire shoulder and must have a sleeve. Midriffs, backs and should be covered and not be visible.
- All clothing must cover undergarments.
Consequences for Dress Code Violations
- First Offense-warning and student must correct violation before returning to class
- Second Offense-detention and student must correct violation before returning to class
- Third Offense-two detentions and student must correct violation
- Any further offenses will be at administrative discretion.