The Keystone Empowers You (KEY) collaborative is hosting Winter Warm Up Challenge from Jan. 15 through Feb. 14 in which you compete against residents of Wellington and Midview Schools to see which group (Keystone, Midview, or Wellington) walks the most steps. Participants may also earn steps with other physical activities, such as housework, shoveling snow, or stretching. See the instructions below to join the challenge:
- Set up an account on Lorain County Walks - it’s free!
- Click the “My Challenges” tab
- Click “Join Public Challenge”
- Choose the Winter Warm Up KEYSTONE v. WELLINGTON v. MIDVIEW Challenge
- Choose the Keystone team
- Click submit and wait for a confirmation email
- Enter your steps every day of the challenge on Lorain County Walks
This year, the superintendent & principals of the losing team will spend a day of shame wearing the opponent’s school colors... get stepping so Mr. White doesn't have to wear Duke red or Middie blue!
The top stepper of each team will earn a $100 gift card to a local business.
The mission of the Challenge is to encourage people to stay or get active during the cold weather months. Keeping active reduces the risk of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease and obesity. It also has a positive impact on mental health and mood.
Email KeystoneEmpowersYou@gmail.com for more information.